Here’s what we are looking for in tomorrow’s economic reports (January 17, 2020) — Good Luck Trading!
1.Chinese Q4 GDP, Retail Sales & Industrial Production (21:00 ET) No Trade — Chinese data is difficult to predict but can be very market moving
2. ECB Current Account (04:00 ET) Bullish EUR — Potential upside surprise given stronger French and German data
3. UK Retail Sales (04:30 ET) Bullish GBP — Potential upside surprise given sharp rise in BRC retail sales but the forecasts are high
4. EZ CPI (05:00 ET) No Trade — Revisions are difficult to predict but changes can be important
5. US Building Permits and Housing Starts (08:30 ET) Bearish USD — Housing activity expected to weaken towards year end
6. US University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index (10:00 ET) Bearish USD — Iran-US tensions are expected to dampen sentiment