April 2011 Forex Volume Data – Trading Rises in London
I’m a few days late because the market has been keeping me super busy but here’s the latest FX Volume Data and Charts from the main central banks
London Link to Report
- Average daily reported UK foreign exchange turnover was $2,191 billion in April 2011, 23% higher than in October 2010, and 30% higher than a year earlier. This was the highest level of turnover recorded since the survey began.
- The increase in turnover was driven by rises in spot (+32%) and FX swaps (+19%) turnover.
New York Link to Report
- Daily FX market turnover dropped 5.3% to $396B from April 2010
Tokyo Link to Report
- In this period, while the Eastern Japan Great Earthquake had a serious impact on the Tokyo foreign exchange market, retail margin trading, electronic trading, and emerging currency trading remained active.
Singapore Link to Report
- Average daily reported ‘traditional’ foreign exchange turnover was US$314bn, a 12.9% increase compared to October 2010.
Canada Link to Report
- Compared with the survey one year ago, the average daily turnover of traditional foreign exchange products increased by 7.4% from US$ 57.0 billion in April 2010 to US$ 61.2 billion in April 2011. However, traditional foreign exchange turnover remains lower than during the October 2007 to October 2008 period.
Australia Link to Report
- Average daily turnover in traditional OTC foreign exchange instruments (spot, outright forwards and foreign exchange swaps) in the Australian market was US$210.0 billion in April 2011. This was 13 per cent higher from October 2010 and over the year.